Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Warm Two Stream Instability Simulation (2)




Here's another two stream instability simulation.  This one runs a bit longer and illustrates the effect I'm thinking of a little better.  In essence, the two streams set up a kind of quasi stability, with unadmixed zones outside the boundary area, yet with a boundary zone where incomplete mixing events continuously recur.   Even more curiously, occasionally, instability events dominate the whole process.  I use the "warm" two stream simulation because it's likely that population mixing is a "noisy" process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have temporarily been turned off. Because I currently have a heavy workload, I do not feel that I can do an acceptable job as moderator. Thanks for your understanding.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.