Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nancy Hopkins: This revolution isn't over.

 
Thanks to Jonathan Eisen for posting this on his blog.  I've long been a fan of Nancy Hopkins.  In the speech, she refers to the landmark report: 1999 report on the Status of Women Faculty in Science at MIT.  She also states "despite enormous progress, this revolution isn't over.  There are entire industries, venture capital, Silicon Valley, even the biotech start-ups right here in Boston who's leaders appear not to have heard of the civil rights act."
 
As a woman engineer working in Silicon Valley, I will drink to that.  This revolution isn't over.
 
It's good to see Professor Nancy Hopkins just as unstoppable as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments have temporarily been turned off. Because I currently have a heavy workload, I do not feel that I can do an acceptable job as moderator. Thanks for your understanding.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.